So Eleven Essentials (for my take on Writing of course).
- Entrances: everything needs a good beginning, even if the idea arises mid-stream.
- Enterprise: I choose bold and difficult challenges, plotted at every stage. Episodes?
- Edge: conflict and tension is crucial to get eager readers turning pages.
- Emotions: extensive scope as many facets of characters to explore and expound on. Extra inspiration at https://onestopforwriters.com/
- Erudition: inspiration, facts and relaxation. E-reading and e-research?
- Errata: we all mistakes, hopefully short-lived ephemera.
- Efficiency: especially with temporal energies. Also scheduling decisions.
- Endurance: each novel/assignment is a long haul, so I need to pace myself to avoid exhaustion.
- Editing: for me the tough stages, but expected and inevitable. Crucial too, and it may take eons.
- Endings: often worked out at my plotting/outlining stage. Means I know where I am going. But dead ends on the trail are not always evaded.
- Escapism: a stage that may come… when I need to rekindle my energy, when I need to enliven my imagination, or when I’ve written THE END. And come the end of September, I aim to be escaping/emigrating to the US – as long as our Escrow house purchase goes through.
Of course, there are exceptions to every essential edict. But I say “enough is enough”.
He who knows that enough is enough will always have enough.
The first Wednesday of every month is officially Insecure Writer’s Support Group day. We post our thoughts on our own blogs. We talk about our doubts and the fears we have conquered. We discuss our struggles and triumphs. We offer a word of encouragement for others who are struggling.
Please visit others in the group and connect with my fellow writers.
Let’s rock the neurotic writing world!
Our Twitter hashtag is #IWSG
And be sure to check out our Facebook group –https://www.facebook.com/groups/IWSG13/