This Epistle is brought to you as part of the Insecure Writer’s Support Group monthly post-thingie. And as it’s Blogging from A to Z Challenge month, everything arises from E.
So Eleven Essentials (for my take on Writing of course).
- Entrances: everything needs a good beginning, even if the idea arises mid-stream.
- Enterprise: I choose bold and difficult challenges, plotted at every stage. Episodes?
- Edge: conflict and tension is crucial to get eager readers turning pages.
- Emotions: extensive scope as many facets of characters to explore and expound on. Extra inspiration at https://onestopforwriters.com/
- Erudition: inspiration, facts and relaxation. E-reading and e-research?
- Errata: we all mistakes, hopefully short-lived ephemera.
- Efficiency: especially with temporal energies. Also scheduling decisions.
- Endurance: each novel/assignment is a long haul, so I need to pace myself to avoid exhaustion.
- Editing: for me the tough stages, but expected and inevitable. Crucial too, and it may take eons.
- Endings: often worked out at my plotting/outlining stage. Means I know where I am going. But dead ends on the trail are not always evaded.
- Escapism: a stage that may come… when I need to rekindle my energy, when I need to enliven my imagination, or when I’ve written THE END. And come the end of September, I aim to be escaping/emigrating to the US – as long as our Escrow house purchase goes through.
Of course, there are exceptions to every essential edict. But I say “enough is enough”.
He who knows that enough is enough will always have enough.
The first Wednesday of every month is officially Insecure Writer’s Support Group day. We post our thoughts on our own blogs. We talk about our doubts and the fears we have conquered. We discuss our struggles and triumphs. We offer a word of encouragement for others who are struggling.
Please visit others in the group and connect with my fellow writers.
Let’s rock the neurotic writing world!
Our Twitter hashtag is #IWSG
And be sure to check out our Facebook group –https://www.facebook.com/groups/IWSG13/
The awesome co-hosts for this April 6 posting of the IWSG are Megan Morgan, Chris Votey, Viola Fury, Christine Rains, Madeline Mora-Summonte, L.G. Keltner, Rachna Chhabria, and Patricia Lynne!
Excellent Roland thank you!
Thanks Susan. Also fun to write.
This is a wonderful post, Roland. Short, concise and to the point. It is so easy to get mired in minutiae and I am also easily distracted. As one of your co-hosts, I’m glad I’m getting a chance to read other blogs that I wouldn’t necessarily see. Thanks again, and I will be a more frequent visitor! ViolaFury, aka Mary
Thanks Mary for your praise. I wonder if A to Z Blogging is making me more concise for once.
entertaining and enlightening
LikeLiked by 1 person
Great blog post!!!
Those are all the steps. Although sometimes escapism comes first for me. That’s where the idea often begins.
In some ways its a creative circle as the escapism can lead to new ideas that start the process. I find that I get ideas for new projects while chilling from another.